IT STARTS AT THE TECHNICAL LEVEL
JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD
FIRST THINGS FIRST
- Many online businesses “jostle” to be top-ranked on all search engines thus they require, permit and strive for their sites to be indexed by search engine robots allowing bots and cookies to manage and track nearly all actions on those sites. However, because we are probably one of the internet’s best kept secrets we share no NEED for search engines as we rely on customers to reach us simply by typing in our address in a browsers URL so our first layer of privacy is at the bottom level of the technical (behind the scenes) stack where we disable such features
- As our goal is simply to provide access to consumer grade goods to end users we share no desire to have customer data perused, sold or analysed by third-parties or ourselves so as such we neither use technical tools for data analytics or mining.Thus, another layer of privacy. In addition we block all the bots we have observed at both the firewall and host level.
- As we strongly believe in the sites look and feel for maximum customer retailing experience we are not interested in “side revenue” obtained by having Third Party pop-ups saturated all over the site destroying the customer retailing experience. We simply abstain from having pop-ups saturate our site, thus providing another preventive layer of privacy to ensure no Third-Party pop-up or form systematically deducts user data.
- Just because you can, does not mean you should: That is our basic governance ethics in all that we do in life private and public. So we simply habituate what we believe in and abstain from data harvesting beyond what is needed for smooth customer retailing experiences.
- Finally, as we are neither in competition nor allegiance with any other third-party or organization we have no need for user data beyond what the user needs to conduct a pleasant shopping experience. Similarly, payment itself is handled by the standard payment gateways, as that is where such user data already lies, so no financial information is gathered nor stored by us, as all of that data is the domain of the payment gateways.
Through layered prevention techniques starting at the lowest level we do our utmost to ensure your shopping retail privacy.